COLORS:
I don't like blue - neither in clothes nor in stitching :) It wouldn't occur to me to stitch on any shade of blue or a design that'd call for a lot of blue. I'd even substitute a different color if I like a chart very much but one of the elements is blue. As everyone, I am allowed to have my own weirdities ;-)
I LOVE interesting, darker shades of pink, all shades of natural colors, cream, yellow, green, grey and any combination of these. I don't like pastel colors much but in some cases I can find them sort of cute :)
I recently enjoy pink/brown/cream combination in fabrics.
THREADS:
- I love silks and overdyes of all kind. I love to substitute DMC with those :)FINISHING ITEMS such as cording, ribons, bands, buttons, backing fabrics, anything really.
Currently looking for decorative pinkeeps, I can't find those in shops here.
BOOKS
- Literature: I only read novels in French and Polish - I read a lot.
- Currently I love shopping for crafts books in English, French and Norwegian, Danish, Swedish - especially those that would help me learn a new type of craft, or books with sewing templates for small dolls and figurines etc. I only sew in hand for the moment though. I love travel books (in English as well) and I start to be interested in good art photography books.
I'm learning to sew a bit (items such as bags, stuffed animals etc.).
- I collect (and use LOL!) cooking books!
FABRIC:
I like to stitch on linen and I prefer high counts (32 ct, 36 ct, 40 ct) but I do also stitch on 28 ct. It's not only that I like small stitches and the painted effect they produce, but also my appartment is very small so I recently thought I'd better stitch small and frame small so I can actually hang my stitching, because I'm running out of space.
I LOVE Lakeside Linens, but the odd R&R is nice too. I stitch a lot on Edinburgh linen and some Belfast, and the odd Jobelan from time to time. Otherwise any linen from 28ct to 40ct is fine! I DON'T stitch on BLUE.
I love all natural colors but my color linen stash is wide.
I don't stitch on Aida.
FRAGRANCES:
- I love the smell of peony, lily of the valley, lemon, vanilla. I try to choose my pampering products within this range :) Same goes for perfumes. I love beauty products :)
FOOD etc.:
- I love tea and coffee, the more "special" it is, the better! I'm addicted to yerba mate.
- I like chocolate, but I must say my favorite taste is lemon. I always look for that lemon cake, pudding, cream, mousse, ice-crem etc. if I choose a dessert... I also like minth, vanilla...
- I enjoy strong and regional spices. Oh, the list would be long.
- I don't eat fish unless I have to, and I don't eat much meat.
- I love to discover local specialties... always bring a full bag of them home from my travels.
- I like wine... but I *love* sweet liquors... and sweet wines too.
- My favorite cuisine is French, closely followed by Mexican and Morocan, Polish, Italian and Greek.
I LOVE cooking and baking!
OTHER:
- all sorts of tins, boxes and trinkets, especially vintage
- table clothes and dollies - I have a collection of those :)
- mugs and cups
- note cards and stationary sets
MUSIC - I like all sorts of what I call "good music", a bit of classical music (Gounod, Grieg, Beethoven, Rachmaninov, Chopin and others), a lot of French pop from 1945 till now, and generally pop and pop rock. My favorites are Leonard Cohen and Chris de Burgh, but the list of performers is really wildly long.
MOVIES - good psychological dramas ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment